Graeme's Birthday Calf Giveaway
2018 winner is:
HEATHER CAMPBELL of Cohuna, Victoria.
Congratulations Heather! It was great to meet you.
GRAEME’S BIRTHDAY CALF GIVEAWAY COMPETITION
It's Graeme's birthday and he wants to give away a calf to one successful entrant!
Hamilton’s Run is conducting this competition which offers one free registered Australian Red Dairy Breed female calf from a pen of five calves – winner’s choice! The calf will be available for selection by the winner from the summer 2018 calving drop during late April to early May as the calves are weaned. The weaned calf is valued at approximately $600.00.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries will be open from 12th January 2018 for one month until 12th February 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
Entrants will need to provide: their name/s or business trading name; registered PIC; email address and phone number; property location the calf will be taken to (for documentation purposes); type of dairy shed; herd feed management style, e.g. partial mixed ration or fully grass fed.
Tell us in 25 words or less why you would like to win an Australian Red Dairy Breed heifer calf from Hamilton’s Run.
Winner will be advised personally and announced via social media and our website on 28th February 2018. We will make contact to advise when we have a pen of not less than five calves for the winner to pick from.
RULES FOR ENTRY
1. Entrant must be a dairy farm owner or employee which has a registered PIC.
2. Owners, consultants, employees of Hamilton’s Run and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
3. Entrants can only win our competitions once. People are entitled to enter again if they don’t win in previous competitions they’ve entered for.
4. Winner must be prepared to travel to our farm at OB Flat (SA) to make the pick, and transport the calf home to their own property.
5. Winner must be prepared to share progress reports with us about how the heifer is growing out, and how her milking career turns out.
6. Our farm has South Australian BJD dairy score 7 and one Calf Credit Point. We have had a closed herd since winter 2008. Entrants must be prepared to accept our health status as is or undertake their own health tests on the calf.
7. Welfare of the calf is the responsibility of the winner immediately upon collection from our farm.
8. Entrants must be residents of Australia.
9. Entries must be correctly completed as per the rules and instructions to be eligible for inclusion.